Monday, November 15, 2010

It's Been Too Long

Seems like it has been forever and a day (actually two months and a little change) since I last posted on my blog. Life as we know it gets in the way sometimes. Last night I went out to the movies with my wife of nearly 14 years. We went to go see For Colored Girls. I had been advised against going to see this movie but I felt and still feel secure enough in my relationship to handle an piece of cinema out there. It's a pretty well known book of poetry that was turned into a play and now into a movie. While I came away form it with all of the trauma I have sean heard experienced or caused dredged up thats not at all what stuck with me. It was just beautiful to see I love the way so many of the heightened emotional moments became some incredibly inspiring still images in my mind. I have always been drawn to the power of human emotion throughout its spectrum. I have to be honest and say this movie is not for everyone. For some it will just leave you angry pr depressed to see all of the pain filled within it. It al depends on your perspective. One of the things I hope people come away from this with is understanding  that while the cast of this film is all black, the issues presented in it are not race or culture specific.

No comments:

Post a Comment