Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Been a Long time! / Life gets in the way!

It seems like it has been forever. Well, I guess it has bee quite a while since my last post and I'm sure most of the people who were paying attention before have stopped lol. 

Life got in the way. Some of you know me personally and some of you know and love the work I do and some of you somehow randomly stumbled across this because I added the right keyword or tag to the post that put it in front of you.

We're 8 months into 2012 and it seems like this year is just flying by. I decided today that I would look back at what the first frame was that I shot for the year. I got a great laugh when I discovered this.....

seriously this was my first shot for  2012
Yup thats right a big ole' blank nothing. I could look at this two ways. I think I'm deciding to see it as an empty space ready to be filled with the potential creativity and energy I have instead of seeing a big black hole sucking my life away.

So what have I been up to since then.......

Well I launched a groupon offer. Which was a relatively successful beginning to my year. Then it seemed like that was all I was doing. Fielding questions scheduling shoots and editing images from work that although I was grateful for was generating about 1/4 the revenue of my general work. The image chosen for the ad was one of the ones from the christening of the studio in our new home.


The groupon was for boudoir images so it sold well. Of course there were a few clients that tried to get over and shoot another style but I did my best to stick to my guns. Just about a month left before the last of them expires! There have been a few that stood out as stellar among them. Most of all it has kept me creative and strengthened my studio efficiency.

I've been working on a street photography set "From Where I Stand" that you can see the work from here



The spring has gone and I haven't done nearly as much as I had planned for this year. I started working at the the MCA again. It's pretty cool to get to interact with students and work around other artists. It gets the juices flowing and the wheels turning. 

Summer came along and I found myself being a mentor once more for aspiring teen artists. I just finished their exhibition that went off without a hitch. Here are a few images from the show "Rules Reality Rebellion"



I've gotten the brush back in hand and am working on some new things soon to be revealed!

So thats the update. (of course its the abbreviated version) I'd love to promise some regularity to this blog. I know I will be better but hey like I said life gets in the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment