Wednesday, June 18, 2014

A Time For Collaboration


In the last 6 months I have been a part of more collaboration than I have in my entire career. It's not that I've been opposed to it I guess I just rarely thought about it. In 2013 myself and three other artists Paul Branton, Brian Golden and Darno Demby created 4OfAKind, an art collective that has allowed us to collaborate both thematically as well as on actual works of art. While we all have our individual practices, these instances where we come together have been magical. 

With these passing months I have truly come to appreciate the power of collaboration. The grace, open mindedness, and communication required to do a large scale four man collaborative piece have pushed me a step further in both my growth as an artist and as a human being. We continue to mine each other for inspiration. 




























No comments:

Post a Comment